goodbye to one sunset, hello to another
On Thursday I packed up the last of my assorted life. Feeling how Random I can be in the scattered adornments and objects I accumulate throughout the flow. I said goodbye to my sunset, took my last shower. I emptied my key ring of the keys I have held in my hand, on my belt loop, in pocket after pocket. that made me cry. In a dark room I said goodbye to the view of my skyline, and the box that had held me for three years. I wrote a blessing to my room.
Thursday took me to airport whirlwind, a Texas weekend, expectation and adornment. conversation and resolution. lots of feelings to be felt. a drive in a white jeep, top down, that cleansed and flossed my brain.
I surrendered, I was free.
Returned to sleeping man, no words to say, just water. and slept until wee hours of the morning.
That evening I went to my new home right before sunset. I can still see the same bay, but it is nestled by trees, by the Hermit's House. I want to build a new fence to hide their broken ominous staircase.
Today I cleared my backyard hillside. I have a perfect view where i can lie down and watch the speckled light through the conifers above. I can make incense with its resin. Develop a relationship with it as I sit with my back to it.
After breakfast, I took my bespoke mug to my sacred neighborhood monolith. Yesterday at the webinar Corrina Gould told us of its legacy. Perfect timining before my first visit as a resident.
She spoke of the changing landscape through time.
Of the five tribes of the lishan nation, whos creation story came from Tyush Tak.
She spoke of the importance of the top of Tyush-Tak as a place infrequently visited. For medicine people to offer prayers. A place to gather medicine, have ceremony, to witness the solstice.
We learned of the Sacred Rock. and its triangulation between the burial site of faculty glade, and the west berkeley shell mound.
For thousands of years, this rock was a plce of songs, dances, ceremonies. A place to let go of ancestors, to release them through the western gate. to collect medicine.
Stone people have spirits, stones are able to witness a place through vast expanses of time. This stone has witnessed the development of the bay. This stone has watched over the landscape. Along with the trees, along with the four legged.
Stone has a spirit of its own. We have to respect it.
We can honor this space through continued reverence. to enter with a clear mind and open heart. no harm, no bolts. To give it time as a place of ceremony, with no public access. To maintain a relationship with the tribe. to not "party" up there. to engage in a sacred way. be consciencous about hwat you are ingesting. to spread stories, to go up in peace. to feel its religious gravity like a church, synagogue, mosque.
This morning, I sat up on the Sacred Rock
with my bespoke mug, flowy pants, praying.
staring towards the western gate. Feeling the spirit of the sacred oak, the spirit of the rock, the spirit of he west, the spirit of the misty sky.
I am committed to be a steward of this place. to connect to this land. to allow and enable sacred practices to happen.
Healing the land will happen through returning stewardshipo to the wise ways of the past, of the land, of the healing flow.
To honor it in reverence.
My lair is in the hill
the sacred rock I visit,
To reflect, to look west.
I listen seven layers deep.
I am on this earth to connect to and to heal sacred landscapes.
to steward sacred land.

Comments
Post a Comment